From an online article about "the death of the HUD" - comments section.
"I have no problem with losing the HUD, I only play CoD4 on hardcore anyway, and I've gotten used to not knowing my exact ammo level.
My wife (a gamer as well), and I both agree that losing directional HUDs (such as arrows, or any destination aids) is a big mistake. In a game, you don't have your natural senses to help you know which way to go, or which way you've come. It's way too easy to get lost. It also makes it harder to remember which way to go when picking the game back up after being gone for a while.
Health Bar - not needed, CoD4 does it best
Ammo counter - Halo did it well
Directional Aids - a must, whether a map or arrows, or even a sword like Colossus"
Tuesday, February 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment